Sunday, October 6, 2013

A little background info

This blog is about our everyday struggles as my wife and I try to cope with life.  My wife has been diagnosed with Schizoaffective disorder or Paranoid Schizophrenia Bipolar type I.  She has been struggling with this for about 7 1/2 years. Everybody's lives have their ups and downs. No one knows this more so than someone who personally struggles with mental illness or has a friend or family member who struggles with a mental illness. If you don't understand what a life like this would be like. Just imagine for a moment a reality where any day you could wake up and your wife would not recognize you. Imagine that she is running around your house screaming what seems like complete nonsense, she won't listen or respond to you. Imagine that your wife is convinced that you are a voice and a hallucination in her mind, imagine that she is convinced that she is married to someone else. This is a reality that I have woken up to on a couple of  occasions. I wanted to create this blog to encourage others who struggle with serious mental illnesses or their family members are dealing with it. Also I wanted to help people who do not understand people that struggle with mental illness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

schizo

schizo